Sunday 5 January 2014

Sales Time!

Lucky for me I am currently on holidays in Austria (a trip I'm sure I will post on later!) and am writing this in a cosy, wooden apartment as snow falls outside. Even luckier we are staying somewhere with wi-fi which meant, despite being on holidays and missing the sales in the shops I was still able to grab a few bargains online, all while drinking a glass of wine and letting my calves recover from skiing. Unfortunately, as I am brokedy broke broke I avoided the sales until yesterday and consequently a few things I wanted were out of my size. I am still brokedy broke broke but I've gone for the old trick of putting it on the credit card and worrying about it in February. Shh.... don't tell Mr HNW.

One of my fashion resolutions this year is to buy less, but better. I am not a big fan of spending a lot of money on clothes. I'm a Penney's girl definitely but I've come to the realisation that some of the stuff in my wardrobe that I love the most and am still wearing are from places that cost me a bit more. So, I've decided to try keep my money for sales in more expensive shops or buying one item that I really love as opposed to 5 items elsewhere because they are cheap and I will get more for my money.

With this in mind I bought a few things in the sale that I'm very much looking forward to receiving! First of all I went to Boden, one of my new favourite shops but a little out of my price range when full price.

I'm really pleased with this purchase - the Isabel Chunky Knit jumper in mustard reduced from £79 to £23.70. I just love the colour and what a great bargain, even better they have most sizes left (maybe mustard isn't for everyone?!)





I also bought a pair of maroon skinny jeans (as skinny jeans and jumpers is all that I live in this days) for £14.30 reduced from £49. The are maroon with small black stars on them (which is hard to see in the picture) and I think they'll be great with black ankle boots.





I also bought two plain vests (white and black) reduced from £12 to £10.60 which, less face it is not much of a discount and in my opinion, expensive enough for something that won't really be seen but I bought a long sleeved top from Boden a few months ago (post here) and I wear it all the time. It's such great cotton and has washed so well. I'm sick of Penney's see-through vests that look crap after a few wears and as I wear a cami under things so regularly I thought it would be worth it. Boring, but essential


Next, I hit up Hobbs. I love, love, love their dresses but they are so expensive. As I have 4 weddings to go to in 2014 and one already in 2015 I was thrilled to find this pink invitation Bowood dress for £29 reduced from £79. There are only size 14s and 16s left now so I'm glad I ordered it when I did.


I can only hope it is as nice on me as the model!


From Asos I bought this French connection bikini (wishful thinking on my part for the summer, the mummy tummy has expanded over Christmas!)





Do you think if I wear it my stomach will magically look like that?! According to Asos the RRP is €63.02 and this was €15.07 which is pretty bargainous. I do like French Connection swimwear so I just couldn't resist.





I also bought these Warehouse pumps for €17.12 reduced from €38.36. I wanted silver ones as a similar silver pair I had died recently but it was not to be. These are a good second choice:                         











My last trip was to Gap. I mainly went there to look for things for J as I love the babygap stuff on him but there wasn't much to take my fancy. I did see these 1969 cord leggings in true black for me, reduced to £26 from £40


I'm really looking forward to these arriving but I'm not sure as to size etc so they could be disastrous. I thought they would make a very useful change from skinny jeans.

So, hopefully when I arrive home this week and the post holiday blues kick in there'll be a few nice packages awaiting me!



PS Apologies for the mix of currencies in this post. Some of the sites I used don't give euro equivalents so in my emails the prices are in sterling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If anyone is out there I would love to hear any thoughts you have after reading this blog!